Embedded System Design and Synthesis mailing list
Paper for Tuesday

From: Robert Dick <dickrp_at_avoiding.spam>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:28:26 -0500

The paper for Tuesday has been posted to the website. I
apologize for the delay. My spine was more messed up than
usual late last week and I read quite a few papers looking
for one that summarized the key problems for cyberphysical
systems. In the end, I didn't find any I was very happy
with. Generally, the definition and problems appear to
have been biased by the backgrounds of the authors, e.g.,
real-time systems, sensor networks, or mobile computing.
Instead, we will read a paper that considers a particular
class of applications. It doesn't claim to explain what
cyberphysical systems are in general but it does at least
get into some details on an important class of them. This
is not light reading, but I have also assigned only one
paper due to the limited time.

Best Regards,

-Robert Dick-