Note: These articles are copyrighted so I have restricted access to
students in the class. Email me if you need access.
- R. P. Dick, Multiobjective
Synthesis of Low-Power Real-Time Distributed Embedded Systems,
Ph.D. Dissertation, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Princeton University,
Nov. 2002. Chapters 1–3 provide background material. Chapters
1–3 due 20 September.
- Stephen Edwards, Luciano Lavagno, Edward A. Lee, and Alberto
Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, “Design of embedded
systems: formal models, validation, and synthesis,”
Proc. IEEE, Mar. 1997. Due 20 September.
- M. R. Garey and D. S. Johnson, Introduction to “Computers and
Intractability: A Guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness,” 1979.
Due 22 September.
- O. Coudert, “Exact coloring of
real-life graphs is easy,” in Design Automation, pp.
121–126, Jun. 1997. Due 22 September.
- C. L. Liu and J. W. Layland, “Scheduling
algorithms for multiprogramming in a hard-real-time environment,” in
J. of the ACM, vol. 20, no. 1, Jan. 1973. Due 27 September.
- R. P. Dick, “Reliability, thermal, and power modeling and
optimization,” in Proc. Int. Conf. Computer-Aided Design,
Nov. 2010, pp. 181–184. Due 29 September.
- Yu-Kwong Kwok and Isfak Ahmed, “Benchmarking and Comparison of Task Graph
Scheduling Algorithms,” J. Parallel and Distributed
Computing, Mar. 1999. Due 4 October.
- L. Yang, R. P. Dick, H. Lekatsas, and S. Chakradhar, “High-performance operating system
controlled on-line memory compression,” in ACM Trans. Embedded
Computing Systems, Mar. 2010, pp. 30:1–30:28. Due 6 October.
- P. R. Panda, N. D. Dutt, and A. Nicolau, “On-chip vs. off-chip memory: the data partitioning problem in
embedded processor-based systems,” in ACM Trans. Embedded
Computing Systems, Jul. 2000, pp 682–704. Due 11 October.
- M. Tim Jones, “Anatomy
of real-time Linux architectures,”, Apr. 2008. Due 14 October.
- Joseph Polastre, Robert Szewczyk, Alan Mainwaring, David Culler, and John
Anderson, “Analysis of
wireless sensor networks for habitat monitoring,” Wireless sensor
networks, pp. 399–423, 2004. Due 20 October.
- B. W. Cook, S. Lanzisera, and K. S. J. Pister, “SoC Issues for RF Smart
Dust,” in Proc. IEEE, vol. 94, no. 6, Jun. 2006. Due 27
- Srivaths Ravi, Anand Raghunathan, Paul Kocher, and Sunil Hattangady, “Security in Embedded Systems: Design
Challenges,” in ACM Trans. Embedded Computing Systems,
pp. 461–491, Aug. 2004. Due 1 November.
- Joo-Young Hwang, Sang-Bum Suh, Sung-Kwan Heo, Chan-Ju Park, Jae-Min Ryu and
Seong-Yeol Park, and Chul-Ryun Kim, “Xen
on ARM: System Virtualization Using Xen Hypervisor for ARM-Based Secure Mobile
Phones,” in Proc. Consumer Communications and Networking
Conf, pp. 257–261 Jan. 2008. Due 1 November.
- Mian Dong and Lin Zhong, “Self-Constructive High-Rate System Energy
Modeling for Battery-Powered Mobile Systems,” in
Proc. Int. Conf. Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services,
Jun. 2011. Due 3 November.
- Mihail L. Sichitiu and Chanchai Veerarittiphan, “Simple, Accurate Time
Synchronization for Wireless Sensor Networks,” in Proc. Wireless
Communications and Networking Conf., Mar. 2003. Due 3 November.
- K. Lorincz, Bor-rong Chen, G. W. Challen, A. R. Chowdhury, S. Patel, P.
Bonato, and M. Welsh, “Mercury: A
Wearable Sensor Network Platform for High-Fidelity Motion Analysis,”
in Proc. Conf. on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, Nov. 2009. Due 8
- Dominique Guinard, and Vlad Trifa, “Towards the Web of Things: Web
Mashups for Embedded Devices,” in Proc. Wkshp. on Mashups,
Enterprise Mashups and Lightweight Composition on the Web, April 2009.
Due 8 November.
- Norbert Seifert and Nelson Tam, “Timing Vulnerability Factors of
Sequentials,” in IEEE Trans. on Devices and Materials
Reliability, vol. 4, no. 3, September 2004. Due 10 November.
- Justin M. Bradley and Ella M. Atkins, “Computational-Physical State
Co-Regulation in Cyber-Physical Systems,” in
Proc. Int. Conf. Cyberphysical Systems, April 2011. Due 15
- Byung-Gon Chun, Sunghwan Ihm, and Petros Maniatis, “CloneCloud: Elastic Execution between
Mobile Device and Cloud,” in Proc. The European Professional
Society on Computer Systems, April 2011. Due 17 November.
- Koen De Bosschere, Wayne Luk, Xavier Martorell, Nacho Navarro, Mike
O'Boyle, Dionisios Pnevmatikatos, Alex Ramirez, Pascal Sainrat, André
Seznec, Per Stenström, and Olivier Temam, “High-Performance Embedded
Architecture and Compilation Roadmap,” in Springer Trans. on
High-Performance Embedded Architectures and Compilers I, vol. 4050, 2007, pages
5–29. Due 22 November.
- André DeHon and Helia Naeimi, “Seven Strategies for Tolerating Highly
Defective Fabrication,” in
IEEE Design and Test of Computers, pp 306–315, vol. 22, no. 4,
July 2005. Due 29 November.
- Sravanthi Chalasani and James M. Conrad, “A Survey of Energy Harvesting
Sources for Embedded Systems,” in Proc. SoutheastCon, pp
442–447, April 2008. Due December 1.
- “DC–DC Converters: A
Primer,” Jaycar Electronics Technical Report, 2001. Read by
December 1, but no summary needed.
Page maintained by