I am forwarding this announcement at the request of Intel.
attached mail follows:
Please share with your student organization members and your students. Thanks!
WHAT: The Cornell Cup USA presented by Intel is a college-level embedded design competition created to empower student teams to become the inventors of the newest innovative applications of embedded technology. The final event is in Disney World, FL!!!!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Visit http://www.systemseng.cornell.edu/intel/
and register your team's intent to apply. There is also a more comprehensive application. The contents of the application will be judged and the top 20 (or so) teams will be invited to participate.
HOW COME WE CAN'T HAVE EVERYONE: Because the top 20 (or so) teams get a lot of cool stuff that, sadly, we do not have the resources to offer broadly. Here's what the top teams will get to complete:
* Hardware - featuring the latest Intel Atom boards and other equipment from sponsors.
* Funding - $2500 to help build the project and assist in team travel to Walt Disney World.
* Access - to Intel technical leaders and other sponsoring companies' experts, many of whom are designing and developing embedded hardware and applications themselves.
* Training - Cornell Systems Engineering developed online guides to hone students professional design skills while easing the management of teams for faculty advisors.
* Invitation - to the final event at Walt Disney World in Orlando. Contest participants will get access to discounted passes to enjoy the Disney Parks with potential special backstage tours.
Now - Register your team's intent to apply
October 14 - Applications Due
October 24 - 20 (or so) finalists announced
April 23 - Final reports Due
Cath Huntington Jensen
Campus Relations Manager
MIT, Michigan, Michigan State, Howard, Maryland
US College Team, Intel Corporation
Jobs at Intel<http://www.intel.com/jobs
Connect with me on Twitter (Intel_Cath) : [cid:image002.png_at_avoiding.spam
Received on Wed Sep 14 2011 - 13:42:05 PDT